We make electronics communicate with humans. At Focus LCDs we provide displays and touchscreens to OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) worldwide. Come join our team and make cool products that you will be able to see throughout the real world. Whether it is in a vending machine, at the doctor's office or in your favorite sports athlete's hand, our products are the face of electronics products all over the world.
The Applications Engineer is a critical position and will be considered the technical expert here at Focus LCDs. You will get a ton of experience in working with 3rd part engineering teams from Tier 1 companies worldwide, while still getting a series of personal projects to work on.
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and developing Linux Kernel modules for high-speed serial interfaces (SPI, I2C, MIPI DSI)
- Developing and troubleshooting hardware peripheral devices for microcontrollers such as STM32 and RPi.
- Create formal product documentation for Focus LCDs technical products and applications. Including application notes, specifications, code files, drawings, 3D models, schematics, and other related documents.
- Provide troubleshooting and analysis of Focus LCDs products and firmware being used to drive Focus LCDs products.
- Provide technical support for customers and other Focus LCDs employees within 24 hours of initial inquiry. (Note that many situations will require a quicker response.)
- Develop new products and test systems for Focus LCDs.
- Provide innovative ideas for any processes, products, and other methods of business.
- 3 years of experience in Software Engineering with extensive programming experience in C language.
- 2 years of experience in product development involving LCDs.
- 2 years of experience in writing technical documentation such as code, schematics, specifications, application notes, etc.
- Strong communication skills.
- 1 - 2 years of experience in hardware development
- 1 year experience in consulting and collaborating with 3rd party engineering teams
- PCB design experience
- Experience in creating 2D and 3D CAD drawings
- Experience in writing specifications, application notes, and other electronic documentation
What makes us special
- This position is eligible for 100% remote work.
- No homework! We never ask anyone to work weekends or stay late. All employees must put in their best work while on site and put in zero work when off.
- Flexible work schedule. Keeping a healthy work/life balance is critical for all of us and if some adjustments to your schedule are what provide the healthiest balance for an employee, we do our best to accommodate.
- We go into every project with the confidence that we can accomplish anything. This helps us create innovative business practices that make us better every day.
- Your ideas will come to reality. All employees are vocal with their ideas for improvement and when your idea is selected, you will watch it come to life the hands of the entire team.
- We are a learning organization. All employees have their own growth projects that are their sole responsibility and will challenge you to learn new things that make a BIG difference.
If you are a fit for our company culture and have a go get em personality combined with the ability to learn new things, then we have a position for you in our company.