Pennant is a one-stop-shop, high volume contract manufacturer providing best-in-class metal stamping, roll-formed parts, progressive die stampings, and clips/fasteners from its three core manufacturing facilities located in Sabina, Ohio, Pioneer, Ohio, and Lebanon, Tennessee.
An Associate Applications/Quoting Engineer will work the sales and sales engineering team to scope the projects developed by the sales team. This position will work cross functionally with Sales, Operations, Quality, and Sourcing. Together developing an accurate budget and project quote outlining key concept points, sequence of operations and mechanical descriptions to cost effectively produce parts that meet our OEM partners needs. The solutions we design offer diverse experiences that will strengthen employees' skills and challenge their abilities.
What You'll Do:
- Interact with customers throughout requirements definition, concept generation, cost development, and presentation of the proposal
- Develop a comprehensive quote package that addresses all customer requirements
- Collaborate with the functional sales and management teams to ensure technical alignment
- Present concepts to customers highlighting competitive advantages
- Manage the internal proposal design process
- Draws up or proposes changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations.
- Provides technical services to clients relating to use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Keeps a pulse on the industry manufacturing trends to ensure competitive manufacturing capabilities.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering in related field. (Mechanical, Manufacturing)
- 1+ years of industry experience (preferably in the stamping industry).
- Experience in quoting, sales, and/or customer interaction
Skills You'll Have:
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes. Utilize extensive industrial knowledge and effectively working with project teams and customers to design and estimate projects
- Ability to read and understand design drawings
- Ability to identify and quantify cost factors, such as time, materials, expenses, tooling, etc.
- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources without compromising quality standards.
- Builds rapport and establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; applies product and market knowledge effectively; presents solutions that meet customer objectives.
Potential for travel including visiting value stream partners including tooling suppliers as well as OEM operating sites.