Careers for those
the fast lane
YOUR FRONT-ROW SEAT
FOR REVOLUTIONARY ELECTROMOBILITY We are Valmet Automotive: Since 1968, we have stood for integrated automotive engineering on behalf of world-renowned OEMs. Today, around 5,000 employees in Finland, Germany and Poland shape our success as a complete vehicle manufacturer in the automotive sector, and as a system supplier for battery systems as well as kinematic and convertible top systems. Our entire strategy, and especially our EV Systems branch, focuses on tomorrow s mobility. We develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V to high voltage for vehicles and off-highway applications.
As part of our team, you'll not only ignite the turbo boost for your professional development - you'll be at the forefront of the electromobility revolution. Our work culture? Straightforward and honest. Arrogance is not our thing. We let our actions speak for themselves, are courageous, constantly learn new things - and respect each other. Because respect is at the heart of our team spirit. We take our tasks and you seriously. So, hit the start button and enrich us as a
Battery Lead System Architect (f/m/x)
in Munich or Bad Friedrichshall near Heilbronn, Germany Your job site and team
No matter whether you join us in Munich or Bad Friedrichshall - at every Valmet Automotive location you can be sure of state-of-the-art working environments, motivated colleagues and of consideration for your wishes.
As a member of our Battery Systems Engineering Department, you ll develop the battery systems of the future. You can look forward to a steep learning curve, a state-of-the-art test environment and fascinating projects.
Here s where you ll make an impact
- You ll lead a small team of engineers technically and act as technical project responsible on system level from acquisition to industrialization of our battery systems.
- To achieve this, you ll monitor results, ensure deadlines and coordinate tasks with our project management and our customer and present the status at required milestones.
- You ll develop the system architecture, technical concepts and measures for our battery systems. Therefore you ll align it with subsystems and components and analyze risk and failure scenarios.
- Last but not least, as the person in charge for technical matters regarding system architecture issues, you ll make a great impression on stakeholders and internal approval recommendations to our management.
This is your basic equipment
- Completed studies in electrical engineering, automotive engineering, mechatronics or similar
- Several years of experience and deep understanding of li-ion battery systems and knowledge of all relevant battery system components
- Experience with automotive OEMs, (sub) project management and a high degree of organizational and prioritization skills
- Your English: Off the charts! Your German: Ebenfalls prima! Other strong points of yours: team spirit, the joy of discovering new things, and your personal success formula "change = chance".
Our special extras
- Well-structured onboarding
- Great development opportunities with clear career paths, target agreements and regular feedback
- An employer committed to sustainable, environmentally conscious business practices
- 30 days of vacation as well as special leave days and great bonuses for certain private occasions
- Capital-forming benefits and above-average company pension scheme
- Friendly colleagues who want to set things in motion
- Attractive, performance-related bonuses
- Possibility of remote, flexible working (if your position allows it)
- Ergonomic and modern workstations
- Free coffee, fruits and water
- Employee discounts and an employee referral program
- Versatile e-learning opportunities to explore new horizons
- Entertaining, often unforgettable team and company events
Off to the starting line! Simply upload your application documents via our application tool. If we have what you d like, and you ve got what we re looking for, there's nothing standing in the way of a first interview, in which we'll be happy to clarify all your questions!
If you have any questions before you apply, Christopher Mercier from HR will be happy to hear from you on .
Note: Colorful teams are one of our key strengths. We welcome anyone who recognizes her- or himself in the ad above. We explicitly promote diversity, equal opportunities regardless of age, origin and gender, and the inclusion of handicapped people.