Careers for those
the fast lane
YOUR FRONT-ROW SEAT
FOR REVOLUTIONARY ELECTROMOBILITY
We are Valmet Automotive: Since 1968, we have stood for integrated automotive engineering on behalf of world-renowned OEMs. Today, around 5,000 employees in Finland, Germany and Poland shape our success as a complete vehicle manufacturer in the automotive sector, and as a system supplier for battery systems as well as kinematic and convertible top systems. Our entire strategy, and especially our EV Systems branch, focuses on tomorrow's mobility. We develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V to high voltage for vehicles and off-highway applications.
As part of our team, you'll not only ignite the turbo boost for your professional development - you'll be at the forefront of the electromobility revolution. Our work culture? Straightforward and honest. Arrogance is not our thing. We let our actions speak for themselves, are courageous, constantly learn new things - and respect each other. Because respect is at the heart of our team spirit. We take our tasks and you seriously. So, hit the start button and enrich us as a Battery System Engineer (f/m/x)
in Munich or in Bad Friedrichshall near Heilbronn, Germany Your job site and team
No matter whether you join us in Munich or in Bad Friedrichshall - at every Valmet location you can be sure of state-of-the-art working environments, motivated colleagues and of consideration for your wishes.
As a member of our Battery Systems Engineering Department, you'll develop the battery systems of the future. You can look forward to a steep learning curve, a state-of-the-art test environment and fascinating projects.
Here's where you'll make an impact
- You'll analyze and evaluate the battery system level requirements received from our customers technically. Therefore you'll derive the battery system requirements specification in coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Holistically, you'll develop functional and physical battery system concepts with the support of the simulation and development department and define system interface and their boundaries in close cooperation with our Lead System Architects.
- Furthermore, you evaluate changes at system level in terms of technical risk, effort and feasibility and support FMEA, design to cost, design for manufacturing, defect and change management activities.
- Last but not least, you'll also support project and risk management for all system-relevant topics.
This is your basic equipment
- Completed studies in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, mechatronics or similiar
- Several years' automotive experience and deep understanding of li-ion battery systems
- Knowledge of the most important norms and standards such as ISO26262, LV 123, etc.
- Your English: Off the charts! Your German: Ebenfalls prima! Other strong points of yours: team spirit, the joy of discovering new things, and your personal success formula "change = chance".
Our special extras
Off to the starting line!
- Well-structured onboarding
- Great development opportunities with clear career paths, target agreements and regular feedback
- An employer committed to sustainable, environmentally conscious business practices
- 30 days of vacation as well as special leave days and great bonuses for certain private occasions
- Capital-forming benefits and above-average company pension scheme
- Friendly colleagues who want to set things in motion
- Attractive, performance-related bonuses
- Possibility of remote, flexible working (if your position allows it)
- Ergonomic and modern workstations
- Free coffee, fruits and water
- Employee discounts and an employee referral program
- Versatile e-learning opportunities to explore new horizons
- Entertaining, often unforgettable company events
Simply upload your application documents via our application tool. If we have what you'd like, and you've got what we're looking for, there's nothing standing in the way of a first interview, in which we'll be happy to clarify all your questions!
If you have any questions before you apply, Christopher Mercier from HR will be happy to hear from you on .
Note: Colorful teams are one of our key strengths. We welcome anyone who recognizes her- or himself in the ad above. We explicitly promote diversity, equal opportunities regardless of age, origin and gender, and the inclusion of handicapped people.