Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Business Strategy Analyst Senior for either our San Antonio Home Office, Plano Campus, Phoenix Campus, Charlotte Campus, We are seeking a talented Business Strategy Analyst I for either our San Antonio Home Office, Plano Campus, Phoenix Campus, Charlotte Campus, Colorado Springs Campus, Tampa Campus, or remote work environment available.
The Retail Bank Credit Card Embedded Analytics team is part of the Credit Card Team that manages and delivers analytics with an agile approach. We are looking for a Business Strategy Analyst that is comfortable using off-the-shelf analytical resources combined with self-serviced data analysis to create meaningful business value with analytics. Off-the-shelf analytical resources are usually, dashboards in Tableau and historical analysis in Box/PPT or Confluence Wiki. An ideal analyst uses the agile method and Rally agile work management tools to amplify personal and team productivity, responsiveness, quality, and predictability. An analyst will regularly use SQL to gather and organize data about your embedded value stream - Pricing, Servicing, Rewards, Product Development - using SnowFlake. Analysts are encouraged to use Python to analyze and refine data into products such as performance metrics or business dynamics analysis in various tools that host Jupyter Notebooks. Additionally, analysts are encouraged to use data visualization techniques and best practices to package insights using Tableau or Snowflake or Python, as they see fit. Finally, as this role is generally performed remote, proficiency and mastery of remote collaboration technologies like Slack, Mural, Gitlab, Rally, Confluence Wiki, and Box are highly valued.
Uses quantitative and qualitative analysis to provide thought-leadership on evolving industry trends, market developments, USAA's strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends for the business unit. Provides insights and information-based context for key stakeholders in the business unit to effectively manage, influence, and impact line of business strategy.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to identify key business assumptions and hypotheses around line of business strategy. Continuously refines hypotheses and identifies business questions to explore further.
- Facilitates the integration of the analytic strategy and business strategy.
- Develops the analytical framework and blueprint to answer business questions identified in the business portfolio, product, or member experience.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to evaluate and uncover strategic insights related to Profit & Loss performance including Product Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit Risk, Distribution Channels, and Member Experience.
- Applies analytical rigor to define outcome measures, improve prioritization, increase agility in decisioning, improve ability to evaluate progress towards business outcomes, and to evaluate risks to strategic goals.
- Leverages advanced data-driven problem-solving techniques to manipulate and interpret business results. Translates findings into insights for strategy management and execution.
- Communicates the significance of strategic insights to senior leaders and other key stakeholders to drive business decisions.
- May provide guidance and on-the-job training to team members.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of data & analytics or strategy consulting experience; OR a minimum of 4 years of data & analytics or strategy consulting experience and up to 2 years of progressive functional business relevant experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing etc.) for a total of 6 years combined experience; OR Advanced Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or related discipline and 4 years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting or functional business experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing, etc.)
- Experience identifying business needs and managing strategic plans driven by qualitative/quantitative analysis and market insights.
- Demonstrated experience using data analytics to formulate data-driven insights and influence business decisions.
- Experience performing complex data analysis using various data analytics tools (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Tableau, R, Python).
- Experience and comfort with data querying languages (eg. SQL in Snowflake).
- Experience and comfort with scripting languages (e.g Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R).
- Ability to negotiate and manage expectations with multiple stakeholders as they navigate data & analytics delivery processes.
- Experience with applying machine learning techniques to big data systems with TB scale datasets.
- Experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, and sampling methods.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.