The role: Carbon Manager
Location: Remote working - Nationwide
Competitive Salary + Package
Mason-James is working with a well-established highly reputable company who are recruiting for an experienced Carbon Manager on a permanent basis
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experience Manager to work with a fantastic company who can offer a work life balance, flexibility as we as a secure career
To support the ESG Director to lead the delivery of Net Zero Scope 1, 2 and 3 carbon science-based targets and Net Zero roadmap across our business and value chain.
To lead in the Net Zero Carbon space.
To develop innovative Net Zero solutions and services for our customers to differentiate us from our competitors.
To manage all internal and external carbon data and reporting.
- Developing and deliver science-based targets and roadmap across Scope 1, 2 and 3, in line with business strategy and ESG strategy.
- Working in partnership with other parts of the business and the value chain to develop carbon reduction actions plans thus ensuring Net Zero is embedded throughout and key targets are delivered.
- Gathering, validating, verifying and sharing of carbon data across the business, our supply chain and our customers to understand our impact better and promote the value of Net Zero across the value chain.
- Communicating Net Zero roadmap and successes to all key stakeholder groups (internal and external), including customers, our people, suppliers, the media and investors.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable energy and carbon related legislation, industry standards and disclosures including TCFD.
- Strategy and action planning - Leading the development and delivery of Net Zero Carbon roadmap and science-based targets across Scope 1, 2 and 3, in line with business strategy and ESG strategy. Providing support to all teams, our customers and our supply chain in understanding and developing their own Net Zero plans.
- Technical expert - Go to expert on all carbon and energy matters across the business. Leading a programme of behavioural change across the organisation to deliver Net Zero.
- Horizon scanning - Providing insights into current and future carbon and energy trends globally, nationally and at industry level and future-proofing the business to mitigate risks and optimise opportunities.
- Net Zero carbon model - Leading the development and delivery of Scope 1, 2 and 3 science-based targets
- Project delivery - Working across business teams to support delivery of Net Zero projects such as electric/hydrogen vehicle fleet, sustainable properties and zero emissions hire fleet.
- Energy management - Supporting the HSSEQ team with compliance to ISO5001, ESOS, SECR. Establishing a metering / sub-metering / plan for accurate reporting of energy use to stakeholders, to support legislative responsibilities and to enable validation of energy management successes. Supporting energy and water bill validation, validating billed consumption against actual meter readings. Supporting continual improvement of energy processes and procedures in relation to support Net Zero targets.
- Net Zero property estate - Supporting the property team to minimise energy use and carbon emissions to transition our property estate to Net Zero. Preparing compelling business cases and supporting implementation of innovative Net Zero schemes.
- Net Zero value chains- Working with our supply chain teams to embed Net Zero in all supplier requirements and monitoring compliance. Working in partnership with our value chain to obtain carbon and consumption data and to identify and deliver Net Zero opportunities. Advising procurement and property teams in relation to new tariffs and market instruments and products.
- Business winning - Supporting our bids and tender team on all carbon related questions and on-going management of contractual commitments. Supporting the ESG Director to develop and monetise Net Zero solutions for our customers
- Funding and innovation - Seeking potential funding and partnership opportunities for energy efficiency and carbon reduction schemes, renewables, battery storage and wider innovation to achieve Net Zero.
- Carbon reporting - Producing carbon reports and providing advice and guidance to the business, our customers and supply chain.
- Carbon and energy data and verification - Gathering and validating emission factors and carbon data across Scopes 1, 2 and 3 to interpret and maintain the quality of carbon data on a monthly and annual basis. Managing the annual external verification of carbon datasets to industry standards.
- Carbon footprinting and standards - Working with internal teams and the supply chainto support the life cycle assessment of our hire fleet in line with Net Zero standards and circular economy principles (e.g. PAS2050) to decarbonise our value chain.
- Carbon literacy - rolling out a programme of training to improve carbon literacy across the business.
- TCFD - Leading TCFD programme to full compliance by 2023 and ongoing management of disclosures.
- Disclosures - Responsible for managing all carbon related disclosures such as Carbon Disclosure Programme
Relevant degree in any discipline or qualified by experience preferably in the environmental field or other related fields. Member of EMA, IEMA or other related professional body
Extensive carbon and energy experience at managerial level, preferably in related industries such as construction, plant/hire, building services, support services and/or supply chain.
Knowledge of energy and climate change legislation and best practice.
Please apply for more information and we will be in touch with suitable candidates