The Customer Service Representative handles collision service needs in AutoNation Dealerships without a collision repair facility. The Customer Service Representative writes courtesy estimates, coordinates repair needs for dealership associates, and updates appropriate customers, staff with repair status of vehicles.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Technicians, Parts Associates, Managers and other store Associates, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Writes professional estimate on light damaged vehicles
- Actively asks for the sale on all estimates
- Understands basic parameters of insurance programs e.g., DRP and non-DRP
- Obtain all signatures, work authorizations and powers of attorney
- Communicates with each customer on the process of the vehicle repair in a timely and effective manner, as outlined in AutoNation's Customer Repair 10 Step Process
- Review all final bills, supplements and vehicles prior to customer contact for delivery
- Review the completed vehicle to check quality and thoroughness
- Maintains work area in an orderly and clean manner
- Takes care to protect customer's vehicles during repair process
- Works with other associates on daily planning and release meetings
- Tracks production schedule for his or her vehicle's and communicates those targets with customers and other associates
- Uses the highest standard in professionalism when dealing with customers, insurance representatives, vendors and associates
- Maintains continual industry education to keep abreast of changes in repair requirements and product knowledge
- Responsible for collection of Accounts Receivable on all insurance, wholesale account closed and commission paid
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to comprehend and read instructions
- Basic knowledge of vehicle repairs practices
- Valid in-state driver's license
- Ability to interpret work scope from vehicle estimates or work orders
- Ability to operate an automobile