Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary, outcomes-informed approach.
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery. Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
Position Purpose: The Community Family Therapist position is located at our Rosecrance Ware Center working with children, adolescents, and their families. This counselor position is responsible for providing intensive individual, group and families sessions each week at the center and in the community.
- Bachelor's Degree with two years' experience in behavioral health treatment
Minimum of one year experience with behavioral health programming or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed
Skilled in conducting individual, family and group counseling
Ability to present and coordinate lectures for clients, parents, staff or community resources
- Provide leadership and coordination of the family program.
- Provide training to staff on family roles and dynamics.
- Develop and coordinate all information disseminated to families.
- Undertake primary case management responsibilities for designated clients.
- Conduct individual, group, and family counseling and educational sessions for clients and/or family members.
- Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with rules and regulations.
- Maintain communications with all staff (e.g. admissions, therapeutic passes, and discharge plans).
- Assume on-call responsibilities per schedule or when designated.
- Present workshops, lectures and training to clients, families, staff, and community groups.
- Be familiar with school proceedings and available to make appearances on behalf of Rosecrance patients.
- Serve as a member of the Clinical Teams and participate in designated team meetings and activities.
- Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the professional Code of Conduct and within the framework of the law.
- Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
- Serve as a role model and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing the agency.
- Assume other related responsibilities as delegated by management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
- Health insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group Life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications apply)
- Paid Time Off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Certain facilities offering on-site gym
Schedule: 8 hour shifts
- Shift: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Work Location: Rosecrance Ware Center - Rockford, IL
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law: .pdf