Our client in Bedfordshire are seeking a proven Credit Controller to join their busy finance team, with a bybrid working model of 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
The successful candidate will have minimum 3 years credit control experience, be a strong communicator and good team player.
- Opening and assessing new customer accounts.
- Manages a wide and diverse ledger with effective cash collection.
- Responsible for the day to day management of customer accounts ensuring completeness, accuracy and validity.
- Prepares internal reports to include but not limited to debtor days, queries and cash management.
- Calculation and review of bad debt provision.
- Reduction of overdue debtor balances.
- Provides assistance to other team members in the sales decision making processes such as deferred settlement payment plans, payments in advance and progress payment based credit line facilities.
- Provides a point of reference to departmental managers and the board through the effective management of credit accounts and query reports.
- Establishes credit lines, reviews, updates and amends lines internally and with customers.
- Provides direct customer contact through various means of communication and recognises when to meet directly with customers so as to build and strengthen relationships.
- Takes the lead in instigating and managing collection of payments via small claims or litigation as appropriate.
- Acts as a role model for the organisation when meeting with customers face to face recognising that importance of company image in the development of customer relations.
- Intuitively recognises when to support the Credit Manager in matters relating to their role.
- Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
If you have the above experience and are interested in this opportunity in Bedfordshire please apply with your CV today.