Do you like to think above and beyond the obvious, coming up with new and better product designs? Are you self-sufficient and keep plugging away until the job is done? Do you want to own your projects, from start to finish and every step in between? Are you bored with just one challenge at a time, preferring working on multiple opportunities? Do you want to expand your horizons beyond the typical design engineer role? If so, you need to apply to Milescraft!
- Develop concepts, build prototypes, finish drawings, approve tooling, and work with our factories (including site visits) to launch new products.
- Perform patent research to ensure protection of intellectual property while understanding all IP related matters.
- Conduct comparative analysis and testing on competitive products.
- Work with outside testers and consultants to evaluate products designs.
- Developing industry and product knowledge will involve traveling to trade shows in the US and abroad as well as visiting factories.
- Other duties as assigned.
- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
- College degree in engineering (BSME preferred)
- Experience in plastic injection molding, metal stamping, die casting, extrusions, metal fabrication, or powdered metal manufacturing preferred.
- Strong Solidworks proficiency preferred, strong Microsoft proficiency required.
- Must be mechanically inclined, able to work with power tools, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Position requires occasional travel to China / Europe, work outside normal business hours, including weekends, evenings, and overtime.
We are an established, privately-held company that designs, develops, and distributes innovative do-it-yourself tools and tool accessories globally. Our products are available at leading retail stores and online retail sites. As a fast-growing, dynamic company, we are looking to expand our workforce. We are well-positioned to grow our business and market share, but we need you to help us achieve our goals.
You are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including performance bonus, profit-sharing, 401k match, health insurance, health savings account funding, and generous PTO beginning in the first year.