Human Resources Manager - West Cornwall - £ Excellent + EV vehicle scheme + Great benefits
If the vocational equivalent of a blank canvas holds far greater appeal than picking up where your predecessor has left off, you'd be well advised to seriously consider this opportunity. It's a newly created position that works with one of Cornwall's fastest growing business who expect a dramatic increase in headcount over the coming months and years.
Well Placed HR are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a highly innovative PE backed technology business with exciting plans for the future. The company has gained immediate traction in the county and with a fast-increasing head count of 60, they now seek to recruit an experienced Human Resources Manager to join the team. This is a brand-new position where the successful candidate, utilising their own experiences gained within an operational setting, will create a set of people management systems and policies that will guide the business into the future. It's an exceptional opportunity for a forward-thinking HR generalist to really 'stamp their mark' on the business with the design of modern-day policies that ensure employee policies are not only compliant, but that staff are genuinely nurtured.
This will be a challenging, yet highly rewarding role that will operate within a fast-paced environment. Commencing with the design, implementation and development of HRM practices, you'll continuously adapt to ensure best policies that meet the needs of a growing business and its talented workforce. You'll work closely with an experienced tier one management team and will quickly become a recognised and respected professional within the business. You'll be the number one point of contact for employee care, recruitment, HR audit, HR strategy, legislation, and productivity. Key responsibilities to include:
- Design, implement and develop a robust people management function providing a high quality HRM service to existing and incoming employees
- Ensure compliance with all people management legislation and best practice
- Support a small HR administration team through ongoing mentoring
- Take a lead role in talent attraction, recruitment and onboarding of skilled staff working to ensure that the business is considered to be the "Employer of choice"
- Liaise with finance to ensure that the payroll function operates with 100% efficiency
- Develop high quality employee relations policy and practice
- Nurture existing staff through high quality L&D programs and CPD
- Act as a first line of support for disciplinary procedures
- Manage the implementation of company equality, diversity and social responsibility practices
- Develop and implement rewards and benefits schemes
What we're looking for: A skilled Human Resources Manager with broad experienced gained within a modern and fast paced setting, ideally in a highly commercial environment. Your employment law and general HR policy making skills will need to be up to date, and you'll understand the need to utilise technology for the very best application of the initiatives that you'll lead. It goes without saying that exceptional people management and interpersonal skills will be a prerequisite. We seek a candidate with a minimum of 5 years generalist HR management experience, qualified to CIPD level 5 or above.
Sound interesting? Great, we look forward to receiving your application, telling you more, and furnishing you with a detailed role specification. For further details and to apply, please do not delay in contacting Carly Kellow quoting reference CK8648.