Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Waukegan, IL. currently has an opportunity for a Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Procure to Pay. This SAP Procure to Pay (PTP) configuration specialist will provides in-depth technical expertise and direction in the development and support of client area application systems/programming requirements and processes. For various size projects and system changes, they oversee and directly contribute to development and implementation of cost effective solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
For the assigned function of PTP:
- Partner with the functional groups to assess business needs utilizing structured interview processes to establish business priorities and document clear requirements
- Conduct investigation and collaborate with other technical subject matter experts to provide technical advice on adoption or integration of new technologies and corresponding business impact.
- Develop alternative technical solutions; advise on options, risks, costs and benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Serve as an SAP functional configuration expert to develop, test and implement significant new solutions. Configure applicable module(s) to design optimal solution.
- Review, validate and enhance design, conduct performance monitoring and capacity planning; install, test and upgrade releases and associated products.
- Evaluate SAP notes, new functionality, and upcoming releases for assigned modules.
- Recommend operational improvements or devise new approaches to technical or process issues to meet business objectives.
- Develop, motivate, and provide direction to technical team in a way that facilitates the creation of a team environment and enables team to fulfill the department's operation objectives.
- Lead in the development of standards and procedures and publish/communicate findings via IOI's, presentations, white papers, etc.
- Comply with all applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business administration or another relevant discipline
- 8+ years combined experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer engineering in each of the following:
- 8+ years experience in full life-cycle of SAP (ECC) projects
- 8+ years of Procure To Pay (PTP) design, configuration, testing, including:
- Materials Management (MM): Direct and Indirect Procurement (Contracts, Purchase Requisitions/Orders, Goods Receipts, Invoice Receipts, Vendor Master, Source Lists, etc.)
- Finance-Accounts Payable (FI-AP)
- Bank integration for payments
- Integration with other SAP solutions (e.g., MDG, Concur, BW, Ariba, SRM)
- Experience in facilitating resolution of cross-team integrated topics
- Experience and knowledge in integration of SAP with non-SAP systems, including internally-developed and off-the-shelf software
- S/4 HANA implementation experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing individual assignments within large SAP implementations strongly preferred
- Ariba and/or Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) configuration
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.