Join Our Team: If making a difference in someone's life is important to you, join our team today! Employee Perks!: 12 hour shifts, 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Free On-Site Parking, Free Uniforms, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Quiet suburban neighborhood, Substantial employee referral program, Tuition reimbursement program From: USD $23.00/Hr. Overview:
Elderwood at Hornell is seeking a dedicated, compassionate and collaborative Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our clinical team. We offer Full Time, Part Time & Per Diem Opportunities across multiple shifts - 8 & 12 Hour options.
- NEW OPPORTUNITY for higher a base wage (for part timers only - 22.5-30 hours): Pay in Lieu of Benefits Program. Apply today to find out more!
- 401K Plus Employer Matching
- Weekly pay schedule
- Shift Differentials (for evening & overnights)
- Tuition Assistance Programs
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Free Uniforms
- Full, Part & Per Diem opportunities across day, evening & overngight shifts - 8 & 12 hr options
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Position Overview:
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) are indispensable members of our interdisciplinary team and are charged with managing the daily clinical regimen of each resident and sub-acute patient. Our LPNs enjoy a unique opportunity to gain extensive clinical experience and provide advanced care in a home-like setting. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is assigned to a team of Nursing Assistants and is responsible for skilled treatments, passing of medications and monitoring the personal care services provided by Nursing Assistants; LPNs are also responsible for reporting care and unusual symptoms of residents to supervisor and staff of next shift. State LPN license required.
- Days: 6a-2p
- Evenings: 2p-10p
- Overnights: 10p-6a
- We also offer 12 hour shifts: 6a-6:30p
All shifts include every other weekend requirements.
Administer medications and treatments to assigned residents as ordered by physician and utilizing the five rights as applicable.
Direct and monitor the personal care duties and nursing care procedures carried out by Nursing Assistants of the assigned team.
Assist Nursing Assistants with direct care of residents, as necessary.
Report to Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager or Charge Nurse Supervisor unusual symptoms, changes of condition, daily needs, and progress of residents.
Follow the Plan of Care for each resident, and monitor the performance of Nursing Assistants in implementation of the care plan.
Receive controlled substances from the shift Supervisory Nurse and is responsible for all aspects of the storage and distribution of these medications; ensure proper and safe placement and use of medications stored in medication cart, stock medication cupboards, medication room refrigerator and narcotic cabinets.
Document as applicable in the care plans, Nursing Notes, Medical Administration Records, Treatment Records and other required records.
Base wages increase with experience!
Credentials as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) with a current state license required.
LPN Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel required.
Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
Caring, respectful attitude towards residents required.
Physical stamina for constant activity required.
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
- Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.