ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects and operates powered lift on daily basis.
- Assembles & Stages customer orders by pulling/picking the proper product from inventory.
- Follows FIFO on all shipping, WIP, & FG processes
- Assists with the transferring of Finished Goods and/or Raw Material to and from outside warehousing.
- Assists with the training of department personnel.
- Competently and neatly completes all required paperwork including but not limited to sales orders, bills of lading, loading checklist, 24 Hour shipping log, trailer inspections, put away forms, etc.
- Services the production and extrusion department in a timely manner to ensure efficiency.
- Maintains A-O warehouse and works with the production and extrusion departments to resolve any discrepancies.
- Maintains organization of all Finished Goods and Work in Process material.
- Follows and participates in plant safety/housekeeping activities to ensure a safe work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years' experience operating a Forklift preferred but not required
- 1-3 years' experience operating a RF Scanner preferred but not required
- 2-5 years' warehouse experience preferred but not required
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to print simple sentences and legibly complete reports. Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions. Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and Warehouse terminology. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and groups of managers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 lbs. Specific vison, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and vibrations. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, and toxic, flammable or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.