Our clienthas an exciting opportunity for a Medical Receptionist to join the team based in Milton Keynes. You will be joining on a part-time permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary.
Our client is committed to providing high quality care services to all their patients. They encourage and support patients in healthy lifestyle choices, promote health awareness among patients with a view to improve compliance, understanding, and self-care and to provide excellent primary care in a friendly environment.
About the role:
The Medical Receptionist is responsible for undertaking a wide range of reception and administrative duties and the provision of general support to the multidisciplinary team. Duties can include but are not limited to, greeting, and directing patients, patient registration, booking appointments, processing of information (electronic and hard copy) and assisting patients as required.
Your responsibilities as their Medical Receptionist will include to:
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice
- Acknowledge a patient's arrival at the desk, if the situation is unmanageable at the time due to the number of patients waiting then advise the patients in the queue you will be with them as soon as possible
- Answer incoming phone calls, transferring calls or dealing with the callers request appropriately
- Take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery. Be polite and helpful at ALL times. If a patient's behaviour becomes unacceptably abusive refer to the practice manager. Do not shout or respond in a rude manner to the patient
- Signpost patients to the correct service
- Initiate contact with and responding to, requests from patients, team members and external agencies
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments. This requires a helpful attitude even when experiencing negative, unresponsive, and sometimes verbally abusive behaviour from patients. Never lose your temper with patients; refer to the practice manager if you feel unable to help
- Action new FootFall requests daily
- Refer patients to in-house physiotherapist via task list
- Replenish consultation rooms with prescription paper, sample bottles etc.
- Re-assign test results to on-call GP daily
As their Medical Receptionist, you'llideally have:
- 1+ years' experience as a receptionist within a GP surgery environment (desirable)
- Familiarity with SystmOne
- Aptitude to handle a fast-paced environment and prioritise tasks based on importance
- Ability to use own judgment, resourcefulness, common sense, and local knowledge, to respond to enquiries and requests while adhering to practice limitations
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills whilst demonstrating empathy
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- An understanding, acceptance, and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Medical Receptionist role,then please click 'apply' now! They'd love to hear from you!