- Hybrid WFH Opportunity
- Opportunity for career growth and management experience in the future
About Our Client
We are currently partnered with a medium sized Manufacturing company in the Greater Boston Area in their search for a Principal Financial Analyst. This position is open due to growth on the team and in the company. This position has the potential to grow into a managerial role within a few years. If interested, please read on and apply below.
The Principal Financial Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Partner with leaders, business partners and cross-functional staff across the organization to understand key business activities and lead annual operating plans for certain OPEX and P&L lines
- Lead analyst responsible for monthly analysis and tracking of certain OPEX, Capex and P&L lines explaining variances to budget and forecast
- Lead the monthly close process and consolidation for financials and adhere to the company's accounting principles and procedures, such as:
- Journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations involving different payment schedules and accounts
- Tracking and troubleshooting prepayments, intercompany transfers, and other complex scenarios
- Responsible for preparing and delivering monthly financial summaries, dashboards and reports of the Group's consolidated financials, while adhering to various deadlines
- Business partnering supporting growth opportunities, planning and strategic initiatives
- Present financial results, analytical findings and recommendations to senior management within finance and to business partners in order to facilitate informed decision making
- Identify opportunities to increase the use of technology and reduce waste related to the aggregation, analysis and reporting of key data
- Work independently, as a team lead, and as a fully contributing member of a multi-locational team with challenging, often conflicting deadlines
- Perform other ad-hoc requests and special projects as assigned
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Principal Financial Analyst will have the following qualifications:
- MBA strongly desired but not required
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Analysis and/or Accounting capacity.
- Complete understanding and application of accounting principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact and support members of the Snr management team within Finance.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work activities in order to meet deadlines. The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter able to work under general direction, plans and arranges own activities to accomplish objectives.
- High degree of computer literacy with accounting enterprise software and Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Advanced Excel experience required (Advanced Formulas, Indexing, V Lookups. Pivot tables, etc.)
- SAP or equivalent experience required. BW or Analysis for Office preferred.
- Office 365 experience a plus
What's on Offer
The Principal Financial Analyst will be rewarded with the following:
- Base Salary of $100,000-$130,000 depending on experience
- Hybrid WFH Schedule