Production Supervisor - Modular Cabins, Salary: £28-32kPA + 25 days holiday + bh, excellent benefits and career opportunities, Based in Marchwood, Southampton.
We are looking for a Production Supervisor / Site Supervisor from an industrial background with a proven track record of managing teams to deliver on productivity, performance and quality to assume the role of Production Lead. This position would suit a Depot Supervisor / Site Supervisor / Manufacturing / Production Supervisor or similar from a manufacturing, engineering, Facilities Management or construction type background.
This role is working for a market leading provider of Portable cabins, Secure Storage Solutions, Modular buildings and associated products. The depot operation stores and prepares the units ready for hire or sale, refurbishing and modifying as required.
The Depot Supervisor / Operations Supervisor reports into the Depot Manager and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the yard and workshop whilst controlling a small team and managing all aspects of the site. You will need to ensure productivity is maximised and quality levels are kept high throughout the depot operations. There will be a requirement to work "hands on" occasionally to address short term capacity (approx 10% of the time).
- To execute the daily production plan
- Engage with operatives to ensure they understand work requirements involved in completing their tasks and clarify where required. This includes technical, quality, and task duration aspects of the job.
- Monitor operative's performance in terms of speed and quality of works and provide feedback / instruct operatives where required. This includes hourly / short-interval-control checks.
- Lead staff in the quest of achieving operational efficiency targets.
- Update performance white boards as required.
- Weekly & Monthly documenting and reporting overtime worked to HQ and reporting total hours including holiday, sickness & overtime for payroll.
- Manage absence that includes conducting 'return to work' interviews.
- Manage disciplinary and performance issues.
- Identifying resourcing requirements and following relevant processes to ensure recruitment needs meet.
- Responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety within the yard including: training, PPE, plant & machinery (tools/ladders etc), incident reporting and adherence to Company Policy at all times
Applicants should have previous experience in a Depot Supervisor / Site Supervisor / Production Supervisor or similar from a manufacturing, engineering, Facilities Management or construction type background. You will need to have an understanding of P&L and cost control and be comfortable in managing a team to meet targets in terms of productivity, performance, quality and H&S. Any experience of Lean and process improvement would be advantageous.
If this sounds like the opportunity, you have been looking for then please apply by attaching your CV.
Equal opportunities and diversity: Our client respect and value differences and are passionate about their people, their customers and the planet. They nurture an environment where all differences are valued, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. They are committed to building a culture that brings together the very best of their people and their unique skills, experiences, abilities and where they can flourish.In joining the team, you will be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge as part of a collaborative team that is helping to innovate and play a part in building a better future and creating value for their customers, their people, society and the planet.
Key words: Depot Supervisor, Site Supervisor, Shift Manager, Operations Manager, Hire Depot, Yard Supervisor, Production Supervisor