- Opportunity for a junior construction professional to beef up their portfolio.
- Excellent construction company with an awesome culture and well-known history.
About Our Client
Our client is one of the most reputable and well-known commercial general contractors in the state of Wisconsin, headquartered in Milwaukee. With work across the Midwest, this construction company has created relationships that have made them into a $200M+ contractor. Projects include: multifamily, retail, industrial, commercial, healthcare, and education.
- Assist on the preconstruction and construction side of the project
- Cost estimating and quantity take-off
- Prepare bid documents and assist with developing clear and concise scopes of work
- Develop bid scope sheets and conduct scope review meetings with qualified subcontractors
- Manage and coordinate project submittals, cost control, scheduling, reporting, and document control activities
- Assist Project Manager and Site Superintendent with numerous aspects of construction operations including coordinating and managing subcontractors and design professionals
- Draft subcontracts and purchase orders under the supervision of the Project Manager
- Manage and track design changes and associated cost impacts for incorporation into the project budget
- Manage quality control procedures for field installation of materials and equipment
- Monitor and track the fabrication of various building materials and systems
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 1-2 years of construction related experience specifically being involved in project coordination
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering is preferred
- Goal oriented and ability to react quickly to changing circumstances and still achieve the desired end results
- OSHA 30-hour training certificate an asset
- Previous experience overseeing large high-rise and podium multifamily and commercial projects an asset
- Proactively looks for potential job site issues and addresses any problems promptly and professionally
- Calm and professional demeanor, even in high-pressure situations
- Organized with keen attention to detail; strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to produce thorough documentation of each project
- Experience with or ability to learn project management software a plus such as Procore, On-Screen Takeoff, Timberline, Microsoft Project
What's on Offer
- Base salary up to $95,000
- Vehicle allowance
- Food and housing for any travel
- Paid time off
- Programs to continuously develop and recognize employees
- Wellness: lifeworks wellness platform
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance for employee and family
- To top it all off - a great company culture with lots of exciting projects and career growth opportunities!