MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Project Surveyor - Electrical Heating to join a Local Authority based in Bristol.
This is in on a 6-12 Month contract paying £25-30 P/H umbrella.
Working as part of a team take responsibility for & supervise one or more construction projects and work programmes across the city, carrying out repairs and/or improvements to my client's stock of dwellings, buildings, and land. To ensure work carried out is of the highest quality, using appropriate design and materials and achieves value for money. Be responsible and accountable and to take ownership for all aspects of assigned project(s), or programme(s) from end-to-end and, in, to champion the experience of the customer to maximise customer satisfaction. (Projects or Programmes could include domestic electrical heating, periodic electrical testing, domestic hot water replacement, rewires, fire safety and all other remedial works associated).
- Condition improvement/refurbishment surveys of dwellings, buildings, and land, as directed. Survey dwellings and produce heating designs in collaboration with material supplier/contractor. Asbestos Surveys and removals to be managed within dwellings. Create Schedule of work for contractors. Assess, and diagnose, defects, specify and schedule work required, in consultation with customers/stakeholders. Specify measure and document materials required. Order work through my client's IT systems.
- All works Project Managed by providing support to the manager, producing programme & project reports, Initiating & up-dating project documentation, assistance with project appraisal & project quality assurance, ensuring value for money from project/programme, materials, and products, monitor progress/quality on site and product appraisal.
- Responsible for contract administration under JCT and NEC forms of contract and deliver all technical elements of allocated projects/programmes including: -
- Site inspections, surveys, and reports on work in progress
- Produce Drawings, specifications, contract documentation and schedules of work
- Project Governance procedures & documents
- Tender works, evaluate and recommend to manager to award contract
- Highlight Reports on work in progress and completed
- Surveys and technical reports including feasibility studies & site appraisals
- Monitors spend, variations and complete invoicing
- Making Building Regulation, planning and other statutory applications and certifying payments and updating job records.
- Assist in the preparation of reports to Boards or Committees
- Issue Party Wall Act Notices advice/guidance and deal with boundary disputes to resolution and issue Leaseholder Notices in liaison with Right to Buy Team
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of changes in construction policy, legislation, innovation, and best practice on all areas relevant to construction programmes.
- Work with in-house teams to provide training for operatives to understand new systems being implemented for future maintenance.
- Responsible for incorporating low energy/sustainable construction principles into projects
- Fulfil all responsibilities and duties as required under H&S Regulations and fulfil role of designer under CDM regulations where applicable, work with H&S Advisors to ensure CDM compliance. Assist Contractors and/or competent persons to meet their statutory responsibilities in the safe management of works on-site. Advise where necessary to ensure that the F10 and all relevant H&S documents & signage are in place and advise where necessary to ensure a positive H&S culture at all construction sites/places of work
- Ensure contractor/in-house performance is maintained to a high standard of delivery and customer and stakeholder satisfaction through the regular monitoring of project targets. Identify and effectively manage any day-to-day performance issues, referring persistent failures, Lessons learnt and development issues to the manager.
- Accurately report project expenditure and costs against budgets on individual contracts to line manager, to assist the manager in effective budget management of the projects/ programmes including profiling forecasting and risk logs. Achieve value for money.