We. Are. OneStaff. Medical. An independently-owned, nationally-recognized and amazingly awesome staffing firm looking for like-minded talent to add to our internal team! A work ethic forged in the Midwest, we are growing quickly, and want the right talent, looking to be challenged and grow with us in this amazing phase of our company. We promise you an open-door policy where your great ideas will be listened to by managers, and our owners, and you can truly see your individual impact on the business. If you have the drive, consider yourself a true self-starter wanting to see the impact you can make, and are motivated and awesome individual, then come be awesome with us!
Start your professional career with OneStaff Medical.
Be Bold. Be OSM. Choose Happy!
Grow new and maintain current client base by negotiating contracts and placing healthcare professionals in their facilities to drive company profit.
- Understand and meet/exceed our company sales guidelines within 1 year from the end of your training.
- Understand and consistently maintain minimum KPIs daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Develop foundational knowledge or our database within 3 months. Develop complete understanding of our database within 6 months.
- Develop foundational knowledge of compliance, billing & invoicing, and all standard operating procedures within 6 months of employment.
Bachelor's degree highly preferred
1 year of sales/marketing experience preferred
Bachelor Degree Preferred
While working with OneStaff Medical you will enjoy top-tier benefits such as:
- Paid AAA Membership
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Coachability. Open to honest feedback. Uses mistakes and failures as lessons. Is quick to jump back in but also doesn't forget what went wrong and what to do differently.
- Attendance. Be able to come to work punctually every day, minimize absences, and communicate any potential issues to your supervisor.
- Critical thinker. Not every situation is cut and dry or something that training can prepare you for. Be able to independently assess problems and come to a solution. Be willing and able to ask questions relevant questions.
- Organized. Shows above average organization skills and can accurately multitask. Proactively prepares for future issues. Follows standard operating procedures.
- Calm Under Pressure. Shows the ability to maintain an even keel to navigate the highs and lows of the job day to day, week to week, etc.
- Self-starter. Sees the job that needs to be done and jumps right in. Demonstrates great work ethic and does tasks without needing to be told.
- Adaptability. Be able to adjust to changing priorities and conditions while maintaining stable performance under heavy stress or pressure.
- Focus. Can work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment. Keeps eyes on the prize and adapts to the situations without loosing footing or dropping any balls. Adjusts quickly to changing processes and procedures.
- Articulate. Communicates in a professional manner both internally and externally. Gets their ideas and critiques across without being condescending or unprofessional.
- Proactive. Drive the bus. Be able and willing to direct your clients in the direction that is best for you, the company, and for them. Take the wheel without being told to do so.
- Sense of Urgency. Move quickly from task to task and instill this same sense of urgency among your clients and colleagues.
- Patience. Realize that this is a long game. Be patient at the macro level. Success does not come overnight. Be willing to hear no constantly yet able to push forward keeping your long term goals in mind.
- Information and technology. Be able to demonstrate proficiency in English, math, Excel, Outlook, and Internet databases.