SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER
£40,000 - £45,000 per annumBristolWould you like to be part of an award-winning UK multi-discipline consultancy with the opportunity to work on varied and exciting projects?Due to continued success and growth our client is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to work on a range of prestigious projects covering a wide range of disciplines in property and construction. The ideal candidate will have experience in highways design, pavements, bridges, earthworks engineering and cut and fill assessments, remediation, underground services, flood alleviation, sustainable drainage systems, pumping stations and sewerage systems, external works and highway and drainage section agreements (S278, S38 & S104).Responsibilities
- Producing highways and drainage designs relating to medium to large development infrastructure projects
- Producing flood risk assessments (FRA's) and drainage strategies
- Representing the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals
- Taking responsibility for delivering work to an agreed fee and timescale
- Owning project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)
- Preparing client / project proposals
- Assisting in negotiating fee proposals and requesting additional fees
- Constructing project teams from internal and external resources
- Procuring project resources
- Agreeing design philosophy / design fundamentals.
- A degree in civil of structural engineering,
- Significant experience in a similar role, ideally within a private practice,
- Good understanding of highway and drainage section agreements (38, 278 and 104)
- A competent user of Windes Microdrainage
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and in particular Civil 3D.
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Excellent work / life balance
What To Do Next
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click on the link to apply.
If you are interested in hearing about other roles in Civil and Structural Engineering, then please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.