J.B. Hunt is building an entirely new platform to enable their internal and external potential. The position will be responsible for development tasks assigned during the Agile sprint. This position programs, develops and implements new features, and supports critical web applications' layer architecture and various back end systems supporting the platform and other digital initiatives. The position also spends a portion of their time learning J.B. Hunt's technologies and business processes.
- This is a Full Stack role developing in both .Net and Java on the Backend with Angular on the Frontend. Remote Work is Available.
- Participates in development efforts in an Agile development environment, daily stand ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and sprint demos
- Implements web designs that are asynchronous, responsive, and provide a rich user experience
- Develops and implements new features that meet J.B. Hunt's standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
- Develops and implements new services/applications that meet J.B. Hunt's standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
- Troubleshoots and solves production issues related to performance and reliability throughout the software stack with assistance from other team members
- Performs application debugging using their IDE of choice; unit testing using architecture standards; and documentation of current or future work tasks with a visual modeling application and/or an integrated README
- Executes and releases builds using continuous integration and deployment using our current CI/CD applications and processes.
- Participates in analysis and design tasks with the Agile team using software development lifecycle concepts
- Works within a collaborative environment and contributes to team goals by offering open and honest communication and helping to meet deadlines
Qualifications: Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field, or foreign equivalent, or suitable combination of education, experience and training; plus 2 years of experience in Software Development or Computer Engineering or related field using technologies such as: Java (J2EE), Java Script, Webservices (SOAP or REST), Spring, Tomcat, SQL, Eclipse, IDEA Intellij, C#, Python, HTML, Angular JS/Angular 2, EXT JS, Android, or iOS.
Benefits: In addition to medical, dental, vision, and other standard benefits like life insurance and matched 401(k), we provide specialized benefits like adoption assistance, pet insurance, mental health resources, and gym discounts. We proudly offer five employee resource groups to help connect and further the cause of African Americans, Latinos, veterans, women, and LGBTQIA+ employees, as well as weaving inclusion into the fabric of our work lives through mentoring and training.
Compensation: $72,800-$91,000 Pay Range