The Surgical Technologist, Childbirth Center is a member of the CBC team responsible for providing intraoperative care to the surgical patient. This job requires working in a fast-paced environment, with a focus on patient progression goals, quality initiatives, and achieving the highest level of patient satisfaction.
The Surgical Technologist, Childbirth Center also functions as a Patient Care Assistant/Unit Secretary providing patient care and performs unit activities under the direction of the Registered Professional Nurse. These include, but are not limited to, direct patient care activities such as taking vital signs and assisting patients with the basic activities of daily living, as well non-clinical activities such as acting as a receptionist, coordinating equipment, providing transportation activities and performing tasks specific to the department assigned.
Additional Job Functions\:
- Assists in ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies in operating rooms, storerooms, and the CBC unit.
- Assists in transport of patients and in movement or manipulation of equipment as required
- Prepares patient rooms for admission
- Assists patients with activities of daily living such as hygiene, elimination needs, ambulation, and nourishment; performs these activities for patients who are unable to care for themselves
- Takes vital signs, performs blood sugar testing, measures patient's height and weight, records intake, output and amount eaten. Reports significant changes to the Registered Nurse.
- Documents patient data in the medical record in a timely manner
- Maintains appropriate situational safety standards, such as personal protective equipment and proper body mechanics during patient care activities
- Receives and reports patient information to the RN
- Observes and reports changes in patients' condition to RN
- Works in the OR as needed/assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Successful completion of a program in surgical technology from an approved school required
- Certification in Surgical Technology required within 6 months of hire
- CPR training required.
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.
Primary Location MA-Northampton-CDH Cooley Dickinson Hospital
Work Locations CDH Cooley Dickinson Hospital 30 Locust Street Northampton 01060
Job Surgical Tech
Organization Cooley Dickinson Hospital (CDH)
Schedule Per Diem
Standard Hours 1
Shift Day Job
Job Posting Mar 30, 2022