Are you a Teaching Assistant, Recent Graduate, Carer or Support worker? Are you looking to start your career in education? Teaching Personnel are on the search for SEN Teaching Assistants in and around Hull. We are the UK's leading education recruitment agency who provide support staff, teaching staff and tutors into schools across the UK! Teaching Personnel are working with a number of SEN Schools and Alternative Education Provisions across Hull and the surrounding villages that are looking for teaching assistants. The needs of the pupils within the provisions vary from moderate to complex needs to challenging behaviour and SEMH needs. These schools support the growth and development of pupils aged between 4-16 years and are responsible for devising a personalised curriculum for each child. The typical work pattern will be Monday- Friday Time: 08:30-15:30
The ideal candidate will:
- Have lots of patience, be proactive and resilient! - this role can be challenging, but it is very rewarding
- Ideally you will have experience working within a SEND/SEMH school or have experience as a carer support worker for individuals with learning difficulties
- A strong ability to develop relationships and rapport with pupils
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have or be willing to get a Child only DBS on the update service and have right to work in the UK
Role of an SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Supporting a teacher with a small class of 4-8 pupils
- Working with pupils with ASC, complex needs, challenging behaviour and SEMH
- Full and part time posiitons available
- 1:1 work ensuring pupils stay on track with the curriculum
Benefits of working for us:
- Choice and Variety - giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
- Competitive rates of pay - between £70-85 depending on experience.
- Working with industry leaders with over 25 years experience
- Support from your own personal, dedicated Consultant.
- Access to a fantastic refer a friend scheme (Offering up to £250 per referral).
- Access to our free CPD courses and a Level 2 Safeguarding course.
If you are interested, and would like to be considered for this rewarding position please apply now!